Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blogging - by invitation only...

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://avatarbriefs.blogspot.com/

It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

No, indeed it doesn't. Well I'll be. I'd no idea Caz had become hi-falutin' selective.

Perhaps I am no longer of the correct Ilk. I realise I haven't been about much with Christmas rush, holidays and - ostensibly - writing pieces for publication. Still, I hadn't thought that I'd actually logged off so to speak.

Use it or lose it eh?

Interesting that one is instructed to "contact the blog author" if this is a mistake, though there is no method of so doing without accessing the blog.

Perhaps, when I eventually find enough time and energy, I will finish this writing stuff and get something published. I will, of course, have to publish it as "invitation only":

You are not invited to read this book. Should you feel that you are sufficiently interested and have the necessary educational background for this work, please feel free to contact the author /
publisher.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Caz said...

Closed it down for a bit, is all Mike.

As for becoming hi-falutin'- ha!

I'm very fond of my ilk, and shall remain so.

Only other option would be to delete the blog entirely - there's no "archive" option. So, for now it comes up with the smary page implying that only an elite few shall be admitted.

Maybe I'll give it an overhaul while it's out of action, pretty it up or something. Don't know yet.

I rather like your thoughts about your pending book though. Create interest from those who would otherwise not be interested, create demand from those who will want to own it (and boast of such), but who will never read it, create envy and angst amongst the literati & reviewers who can't get their hands on a copy. Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

11/1/09 4:06 PM  
Blogger Jacob A. Stam said...

Hmmm, indeed rather curious. Maybe Caz clicked the wrong button or something, but that's unlikely given her Power Blogger status. Wonder if there'll be a charge for admission...

Actually just sent her a belated return season's greetings (yes, very tardy of me, mea culpa, give me space to self-flagellate) to the blogger lady with a 'please explain' and request for invitation.

Ahhh, I see Caz has broken her silence. Good to hear you haven't retired from public, er, publishing, Caz...!!

11/1/09 4:11 PM  
Blogger Caz said...

I rather like the charming manner in which Blogger advises people of their obvious inability to access a blog ...

"It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake ..."

Yeah, sure, of course, an invitation to the super special exclusive readership only blog was clearly lost in the mail.

11/1/09 7:35 PM  
Blogger Father Park said...

Well that's what I thought!!

Nah, not really. Thought it was yet another "blogger" bugger-up.

Noice ta know you 'aven't gone uppity Caz my dear.

11/1/09 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what about the Heidelberg Protocol for when you close a blog.

Archives...?

Where are the archives?

We must have access to the archives!!!

11/1/09 9:25 PM  
Blogger Caz said...

Yeah, that's what you get for nothing Jacob, no pay, no archives.

Blogger might suck (actually it does, in the affirmative, muchly), but it's free.

While I've thought of 'going over', it's a time and motivation thing.

Mind you, I've often thought of having a real web site, set up as a blog, with a grown up URL and everything. Then I really would be all uppity, and I could make a big announcement about my newly uppity self and my new uppity web page.

*Sigh*

I can dream.

(Oh, I would invite the ilks, of course, platinum embossed and everything - the invitations, not the ilks.)

11/1/09 9:47 PM  
Blogger Father Park said...

Platinum embossed ilks? Gods!

Black beer stained denims or moleskins possibly... Actually, tonight they are shiraz stained.

Oh dear: situation normal.

12/1/09 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home