Saturday, September 16, 2006

Rory’s call to action

As hinted earlier, I’ve received an email from Rory Burg, the young man who has taken former planet Pluto’s cause to his big heart. Courtesy of his really cool Mum, he writes:

I am glad and I feel proud that some people are reading my poem about Pluto. I am very worried and I know that Pluto should be a planet again because I have read lots of books.

I know about why the astronomers decided. But Pluto has cleared its planetary field. It has real moons, not asteroids. And did you know that Saturn has 22 moons? So, that means that the astronomers think the wrong thing.

I have sent some letters to Mr Howard too, and even NASA. I will send lots so everyone will listen. And then I will fly to Pluto when I get big, and there will be a secret message saying, “Sorry, Pluto, about the mean bullies.”

Could you tell your friends about it because I am 7 and I know if I try hard I might be able to save Pluto.

Rory’s Mum has advised that her son plans to set up a “planet club especially for Pluto” at his school over the holidays. And eventually he’ll likely be setting up his own website to pursue this and other interests.

So watch out for our young friend Rory in future, he’ll very likely be a force to be reckoned with.

Go Rory, go mate...!

. . .

Incidentally, Jeremy has some deep background on the Pluto controversy in comments here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home